Premium Processing Fee to Increase on 02/26/24  

Effective 02/26/2024, all Form I-129 nonimmigrant worker petitions and I-140 Immigrant Petitions filed with the USCIS Premium Processing service will require a filing fee of $2,805. This new fee will be required for all of USC’s H-1B, E-3, O-1, TN and I-140 petitions filed on or after 02/26/2024. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services has communicated that the fee increase is being implemented to adjust for inflation. The current Premium Processing fee for Form I-129 and I-140 petitions is $2,500.  

What does this mean for cases in process with FSVS?

Faculty/Staff Visa Services is working to file as many petitions as possible before the new fee goes into effect. If you are working on a case with FSVS, and have not yet submitted the completed case initiation packet, checks or other required documentation to your visa specialist, please do so no later than 01/30/2024.  

Please be sure to respond to all FSVS requests as quickly as possible to help facilitate our filings.  

What if a case can’t be filed before 02/26/2024?

FSVS will let departments know if their cases require the new Premium Processing fee. We will consult with liaisons to return and/or void unusable filing fees as necessary.